Country estate (20 ha) for sale in Southern France
Price: € 795 000 |
Ref.: 3247 |
Views: 17 149
This magnificient country estate, situated in Puymaurin, Midi Pyrenees, in the sort after Haute-Garonne in the south-west of France is now for sale. Would suit the descerning buyer with a keen eye for quality and the rustic charm for which this sort after area is renowned. The manor house with it’s splendidly symmetrical main facade has been comprehensively restored light and elegant accomodation. A former barn has been converted into a dramatic living room with studio room above. The property is equally suitable as a holiday or permanent home. 8 km to a market town and 35 km south-east of Auch. Splendid views of the majestic Pyrenees and tranquil surroundings with the hearest home approximately 600 m away. The nearest city being Toulouse (closest airport) only 65 km away. Other towns close by include Tarbes (70 km), Pau (85 km) and Spain is a mere 80 km away. Four golfcourses and a lake in the area
- Double doors with transom window to hall – 8 x 3 m
- Kitchen/breakfast room 7.7×4.5 m with massive Gascon fireplace . Two windows east and a french window south to terrace, beamed ceiling, comprehensive run of cream painted cupboards with tiled worktops, double stainless sinks, ceramic hotplate, extractor, cooker and dishwasher.
- Bedroom 1 – 4 x 4.7 m. with painted beamed ceiling, two windows east and two built-in cupboards.
- Bathroom 1 – 4 x 4.7 m. tiled in blue and white theme with walk-in shower, double ended bath, twin basins, bidet and wc.
- Spacious rare lobby
- Living room – 12 x 7 m. A massive and elegant space with painted ceiling, imposing fireplace, french windows east and south, glazed door to covered dining terrace.
- Utility room with connection for laundry appliances.
- Cloakroom with basin and wc.
- Door at rear to outside covered utility area with low sink.
The ground floor has a high quality terra cotta tile throughout and includes central heating.
An original stair rises to the central landing with a gallery at the rear.
Door out to covered terrace with balustrade. The first floor pine boarded floors throughout. A spacious attic, which can be easily converted into additional bedroom(s) and bathroom.
- Bedroom 2 – 4.6 x 4.8 m with two east facing windows and built-in cupboards.
- Bedroom 3 – 4.6 x 4.3 m with two east facing windows and built-in cupboards.
- Bedroom 4 – 5 x 2.8 m with south facing windows and built-in cupboard.
- Bathroom 2 with bath, walk-in shower, two pedestal basins and wc, white tiling with yellow.
- Studio – 12 x 7 m currently an open plan office and excercise room whith fully glazed east wall and arched south window, ceiling rising to roof timbers, storage cupboards.
Domaine La Frande has its own swiing pool – 10 x 5 m with roman steps, salt system with automatic roller cover and paving surrounds.
The pool links with an attractive pavillon and entertainment area 9 x 5 m with stone sink and built in BBQ.
Leading out from the kitchen, rear lobby and living room is a spacious terrace in terra cotta tile framed with mixed bordered and low rockery walls.
From the rear of the living room is a delightful covered terrace (7 x 5 m) for summer dining.
Workshop/store room with the Dietrich oil central heating unit and an additional Saunier Duval heatpump to reduce energy consumtion.
A stone drive of 500 m leads to the property set on a rise. Gravelled turning and parking area beside carport.
Herbaceous borders and rose pergola surrounding the terraces have automatic irrigation. Climbers on the house include wisteria, virginia creeper, passion flower and roses.
The remainder of the land is down to grass with recent plantings including cypress and parason pines. To the north of the pool area is a group of nine mature oaks.
The property measures 20 hectares.